September 2021 - Ideas for EVERY Day
Welcome fellow leaders!
How is the school year going for you so far? Personally, I feel like I’m trying to stay afloat. There are so many things I want to do on Wolfe Stew, but I need to get the year off to a good start first. I’m sure you know how that is.
To honor my priorities, you won't find as much in this September post as normal. No worries, you’ll still find:
- A September 2021 calendar with an Idea for EVERY Day
- Even MORE IDEAS on Pinterest
- A BLANK September 2021 Calendar for all your great ideas.
- And as a BONUS, Back to School Activities we used.
Download your printable September 2021 idea for EVERY Day Calendar. Hang it where you plan or paperclip it in your planner for daily idea inspiration.
- Menu planning
- Lesson planning
- Daily scheduling
- Important events
- OR our MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
Each day, write one thing you learned.
Choose from this Bible verse:
|Download your BLANK 2021 calendar with Bible verses.|
Or this inspirational quote:
|Download your BLANK 2021 calendar with inspirational quotes.|
As a bonus, and because I know this is on most people’s minds right now, here are some Back to School Activities we’ve used this year (5th Grade). If you want to share some of your favorites with us, we’d LOVE it! We are always on the lookout for new ideas.
- Classroom Reward Skyscraper (coloring page at buildings.coloringcrew.com)
- How it works Spiderman (clipart from clipart-library.com) moves up one floor when the class reaches Class Dojo point goals. (Change it by working together to set goals unique to your classroom.)
- The reward is a root beer float party when Spiderman reaches the top. What are some of your favorite classroom rewards?
- Find Someone Who (from Teaching with a Mountain View via Teachers Pay Teachers - FREE!)
- What is it? An icebreaker activity to get classmates talking to each other.
- How to play?
- Classmates sign a box that reflects a true statement about them.
- Try to get a BINGO (or as many as possible until the time runs out).
- Learn a lot about your classmates.
- Me by the Numbers (from MathCoachsCorner.com)
- What is it? An informational poster where learners describe themselves using numbers.
- How does it work?
- Learners think about numbers of significance in their life.
- Describe why the number is important in each section of the poster (8 sections in total).
- Present posters to the classroom.
- Hang up for a back-to-school bulletin board:
- “In this Room YOU Count!”
- “YOU are more than Just a Number”
- “Adding Up ALL the Numbers that Make Us Unique”
- If you have another clever one, let us know in the comments below.
- Chapter Book Scavenger Hunt (a Wolfe Stew original)
- What is it? An introduction to a new book. Think of it as a "Picture Walk" for chapter books.
- How does it work?
- Readers search through a NEW book to complete the tasks on the page. (Use whole group reading books or individual choice books.)
- May set a time limit or work to complete all tasks
- The "I wonder" section gives you a peak their interests.
- Use as a springboard for further discussions or
- To connect and engage related learning.
Before You Go, We'd Love to Know:
- Fifth Grade resource sites we should know about.
- Your favorite Back to School activity.
Here’s to your phenomenal teaching and supportive environment creation. You are ROCKING it out there! I know you are. Thank you for all you do each and every day - both the “little” things (like sharpening pencils) and the “big” things (like working to understand emotions). YOU are making a difference. YOU do matter. Keep on keeping on. One step at a time.
With YOU every step of the way,
Interested in even more educational resources? Then stop by our Learning Lab. It's here where we store all the educational resources we've cooked up to date.