July - An Idea for Every Day - Week 2
You're here because you're looking for activities for your learners; we're here because we want to help. We've been stewing on ideas for every day of this next July week and hope you find one (or two) engaging for you (and your learner). Look at all the different ways we're serving them:
- July Calendar – Ideas at a glance with clickable links for you advanced planners.
- Weekly Blog - You’re reading it now. 😊
- SUBSCRIBE by hitting the button above to get them delivered directly to your inbox.
- Check out our four recent posts (ideas never expire):
- Daily Reminders – Follow us on Instagram or Facebook
- Even More Ideas – Look over our Pinterest board.
Check out this week's line-up (click the link to "hop" to the mentioned day's description):
- Apple Turnover Day - Three recipes from which to choose.
- International Kissing Day - Research skills, reading, writing, chronological order, and history.
- Macaroni Day - History, art, and cooking skills.
- Freezer Pop Day - Reading, science, research skills, writing functional text, innovation, design, problem-solving, art.
- Call of the Horizon Day - Art (types of line, horizontal/vertical, horizon line, rule of thirds and photography).
- Kitten Day - Reading, art, science, following directions, problem solving, research skills, writing, drawing.
- Blueberry Muffin Day - Three recipes from which to choose.
And now, without further ado, check out the ideas we've been stewing on for you.
|Apple Turnover image by Niborobin via Pixabay|
Classic Turnovers with Store Bought Puff PastryFor these turnovers, we invite you into Natasha's Kitchen. She'll lead you through the turnover making process in both video and written formats. And not only does she provide the recipe, but also tips for storage, background information, tricks of the trade, and more apple-licious ideas. The tip we like best: how to keep the turnover from leaking. Who knew there was even a trick to this? Not me! I always just thought leaking turnovers were a byproduct of being homemade. Well, now I know. Anyway, if the idea of a classic apple turnover, drizzled in glaze and easily made with store-bought puff pastry makes your mouth water, we leave you in Natasha's more than capable hands.
From Scratch Turnovers with Cinnamon Sugar Topping
Caramel Apple Turnovers
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken at the right time. Proverbs 25:11 (AMP)
|Siblings Hugging image by Elly Fairytale via Pexels|
Greet one another with a holy kiss. 2 Corinthians 13:12 (NKJV)
For learners in Third to Sixth grade, this "How Kissing Works" post by Tracy V. Wilson at How Stuff Works ought to be an intriguing read, once they get done with the exclamations of "eew" and "gross," that is. In the article, they'll learn kissing origin theories, the effects of kissing (including biological, social and psychological viewpoints), kissing history (spanning 1500BC to 1990AD), and kissing physiology (including potential for disease transmission).
|Macaroni image by Ensar Bostanci licensed as CC0 via Public Domain Pictures.|
wine to cheer us up, olive oil for our skin, and grain for our health. Psalm 104:15 (CEV)
|Homemade Fresh Berry Ice Pops by Jira via Rawpixel|
They will never be hungry or thirsty. Sun and desert heat will not hurt them, for they will be led by one who loves them. He will lead them to springs of water. Isaiah 49:10 (GNT)
|Green Field and Blue Sky via Rawpixel|
He draws the horizon like a circle on the water at the place where light and darkness meet. Job 26:10 (EXB)
|Kitten Image by Quangpraha via Picabay|
because every forest animal already belongs to me, as do the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every mountain bird; even the insects in the fields are mine. Psalm 50:10-11 (CEB)
|Blueberry Muffins by Imogenco via Pixabay|
Take fine flour and bake twelve cakes using two tenths of a measure for each cake. Leviticus 24:5 (ISV)
Jordan March (Classic) Blueberry Muffins with Sugar Topping
Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Before You Go
- What would you pick: apple turnover OR blueberry muffin?
- What other activity would you add to this list?