Proverbs 31: Week 22 | The Wolfe Notes
Welcome to week twenty-two of our Proverbs 31 journey. This week we conclude the virtue of resourcefulness and begin to consider being caring. If you'd like to return to one of our previous stops, let our "Wolfe Notes" guide you.
- In January we examined our value with the help of Proverbs 31 verses 10 and 29.
- In February we learned what uplifting means by looking at Proverbs 31:11 and 23.
- In March, we considered the virtue of respect by studying Proverbs 31:12 and 28.
- In April, we trained to be hardworking with Proverbs 31:13 and 19 as our instructors.
- In May, we are seeing what it takes to be resourceful by examining Proverbs 31:14 and 21.
- In June, we will develop our caring muscle by exercising Proverbs 31:15 and 22.
*Altered Definition of resourceful.
*I am Resourceful because...
Define Caring and describe how you relate to it personally.
Proverbs 31:15 Noting key words and phrases.
*Literal Meaning An initial interpretation of this verse's meaning.
Proverbs 31:14: She is like the merchants' ships, she bringeth her food from afar.
Proverbs 31:21: She is not afraid of the snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.
- She - same subject: woman/Wisdom/virtuous wife/Christ's bride
- is - what follows describes her personality
- not afraid / afar - she faces the unknown with courage
- merchants' ships / household - protective of a group
- clothed / food - cares for needs
- scarlet / afar - not easily acquired
- Personally, I consider the future and prepare as I can for it. I allow myself some decadent things (physically, intellectually & emotionally) I want while guarding against potential hazards - health, financial concerns, etc.
- Relationally, I consider the needs and wants of others (physical, intellectual, emotional, relational, & spiritual) and try to safeguard dangers while working in fun and surprise - special foods, entertainment, time, etc. - in moderation.
- Spiritually, I protect against evil by keeping in my mind that I am claimed and clothed in His righteousness. I look for, recognize, and celebrate the ways that God exceeds my expectations. Realizing that it is not because I deserve it, but because He wants to lavish me in His love.
- Personally, I would be intellectually nourished by finding something to help improve my writing. After researching on Goodreads, I selected and acquired (For free! through Amazon on Kindle. Which, I loathe reading digital books, but I couldn't pass up the price.) Deliberate Writing Exercises: Become a Better Writer in 15 Minutes a Day by M. Karma
- Relationally, we would be nourished, and our relationship protected by celebrating our upcoming anniversary. I added to plans we previously considered, but never carried out, by choosing additional dining and lodging options. I have not yet booked though, because I need to figure out dates. Next on my to-do list.
- Spiritually, my soul would be nourished and protected by having a physical reminder of being clothed in scarlet. I am here committing to searching for such a reminder when next we go to a clothing store.
She riseth also / while it is yet night, / and giveth meat / to her household, / and a portion / to her maidens.